Wednesday 15 June 2016

WWW Wednesday- 15th June

I found this weekly meme being hosted on Sam's blog Taking on a World of Words and thought I would participate in it too! It's open to all to participate.

All you have to do is simply answer the following three questions:


What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you'll read next?


________________________________________________________________________________

Currently Reading: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare


This is the second book in the Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare (you will see a recurring theme here). Although I have read this and the first one previously- I have absolutely no recollection of what happens in either of them! This is terrible, but in my defence- I read them years ago. Anyway, reading them now is like reading them for the first time and I have to say, I'm really enjoying them. They are set in her Shadow Hunters world and are full of action, history and urban fantasy. And Cassandra Clare's romance plots are just the best!

Recently Finished: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare


This is the first book in the Infernal Devices trilogy. I tore through this in less than 2 days, and it's a pretty chunky book. I adored it and even upped my original Goodreads rating from 4 to 5/5 stars. Action, adventure, world building and bad boys to drool over- what more could I want? Some of the 'plot twists' were a little predictable, although I don't know if that was just because deep down inside my brain I could remember what happened, or because I'm familiar with Clare's style of writing. Either way, it didn't bother me, and I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Reading Next: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare


Did you guess? This is the only one of the trilogy I haven't read previously and I cannot wait. I have heard so many good things about this book I'm sure I'll get through it quickly.

My WWW Wednesday this week really isn't very diverse- but you can't beat a good series binge, right?

Share what you're currently reading- or thoughts on this trilogy in the comments!

2 comments:

Sarina said...

I've currently got the first book in this series on my Goodreads tbr list. It's encouraging that you loved it so much!! I know people don't give 5 stars easily :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the series binge! It's so fun to dive into the world head first. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!